Tuesday 7 October 2014

Scent Loving.

For me, there is nothing more comforting and able to make me feel the most content than finding certain scents/smells.  I think a massive advantage of being part of the Blogger/Vlogger world is that we are all so generous in sharing our current loves and holy grail products that smell incredible and help to create a relaxing and happy atmosphere.  Wether it be through a Youtube video of somebody's monthly favourites, a Fall/Autumn tag, or even an Instagram post, you are never at a loss for getting some sort of inspiration for your perfect kind of candle or fragrance.

These are four products that I like to use to help me feel my most relaxed and happy when I smell them.

From left to right: Yankee Candle 'Salted Caramel' Warm Winter Berry Candle from Primark, Marc Jacobs 'Daisy Dream' Primark's 'He Loves Me' Eau de Toilette.

This may seem like a random post, why would I not separate these products into posts about Candles separately or my favourite fragrance for example.  My reason for this is because I wanted to draw upon the fact that however different, a certain smell or scent can completely change your mood and day.

The Autumn/Winter time brings many positives and negatives with it, and living in the UK I find that we all secretly love to hate the cold as it gives us the excuse to burn as many beautiful smelling candles as we possibly can without setting our houses on fire!!

For me, I like to come in from whatever sort of day I have had a light my Yankee Candle, which is currently the 'Salted Caramel' in the smaller jar.  This is the PERFECT autumn/fall candle, it's sweet with such a warmth too it, and I think until I go slightly mad with their Christmas selection (stay tuned for that post) it's my current favourite candle.
A top tip from me is to go into a shop selling Yankee Candles and just smell them all, you won't love every flavour but you'll be in a much better mood afterwards.
This candle caught my eye in Primark of all places the other day.  It's pretty expensive at a whopping one pound... I always have my reservations with very cheap candles, as I worry that they won't  have an impact on the room scent wise.  Yes it's also lovely to have a non scented candle and just have the appearance of the candle relax you and make you feel all warm and cosy, but for me.. I'm all about that smell.  I was very pleasantly surprised by this candle as it gives off a very rich smell which lasts a considerable amount of time after you've blown it out.
Head to Primark if you can and have a look at their candle range.  Highly recommend!


This is the Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream, highly reviewed and adored online and I'm sure the majority of you will either own this perfume or have at least sampled a smell of it's beauty.  I have also owned Marc Jacob's 'Dot' perfume after swapping over from the Dior side.  This to me, helps to make me feel so fresh and happy, I could almost walk out the door like Bambi and skip down the street.  From the moment I first put this on my boyfriend pricked up his ears like a puppy and said 'you smell amazing'.  I don't know about anyone else, but that's a compliment we all want to hear.
True to form, it's unsurprisingly a very floral/fruity/spicy scent and that for me is the kind of perform I enjoy most.  Something girly with a little bit more edge to it.  Go and give this a spritz to brighten up your day.  Also is it just me or does the bottle not remind you of a snowman.......
And finally for the blog post about finding the scents/smells that make me the most happy, I give you a very 'on a whim' find for that luxury shop, Primark.  I was drawn in by the packaging of this, I think a floral design is clearly my thing. I was so surprised by the smell of this and how long it lasts throughout the day.  You would never guess it was Primark and for a mighty six pounds you don't need to be shy when applying it.  Primark, I noticed have a range of perfumes/body sprays and I think they are absolutely worth it if you are on a tight budget or want something to fill in whilst you save for your favourite perfume.

I hope you enjoyed this post lovelies.  Just to round everything off, I wanted to share with you all how much I love these products and how much they have an effect on my everyday mood.  It has become compulsive for me to have those candles burning at night, and I can't leave the house without spraying one of the two perfumes on me.  I think we all grow fond of certain scents/smells and they remind us of being content/happy.

Let me know your favourites!!

Love Sarahloulou xo







No comments:

Post a Comment